When my second child was on the way, I knew I wanted a “tank” stroller, as we called it. We stuck with our Maclaren Quest for the duration of my first child’s stroller years, yearning for a full-service stroller system. So, for the second baby, I researched stroller systems for the best bang for the (big) bucks. I focused on the Uppababy Vista because of positive reviews in the Baby Bargains book. Long story short, I love our Vista. A good “tank” stroller is going to be a smooth ride because of its big wheels and it’s going to be a nice big cocoon for your baby or toddler to sleep soundly. Retails at $729.99, but you can get an earlier edition for less if you shop around, as I did.
- Includes bassinet, toddler seat and rain covers
- Can attach most carseats to the base
- Giant basket
- Giant sun shade that extends from the canopy
- Reversible seat
- Has the popular modern black and steel look
- Simple smooth fold and unfold; although its big and requires two hands
- Great add-ons: We have the snack tray, cup holder, and piggy back ride on board.
- Expensive (but a good buy for all that’s included)
- Big wheel base in the back; but still just the right size for getting through doorways and store aisles.
- Heavy, although not so heavy relative to other big strollers
- Requires two hands to fold